Sunday, September 19, 2010

a touchy feeling

Windows Mobile 7 is around the corner and UI videos have been emerging.

But watching them all I somehow feel that the interface and functionality is all flash and not much more. I can't say that it looks bad, heck no, it looks amazing. But is it usable. I really wonder how much testing have been done with the end user for extended usage periods?
I will not lie and say that I love the iOS, but I see the appeal as it is clean and very simple to use. One of the things Apple advocates is that it just works and is simple. No setup or anything is needed. Android on the other hand has completely customizable home screens which enables user to have exactly experiece that he/she wishes.
I have hard time seeing where exactly WM7 tiles fit in there. And more importantly how will they succeed at targeting people that are more of the social grid.

No comments: